How many passport photos do I need?
You need 2 identical photos for a passport application.
What size passport photos do I need?
- measure 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide (the standard size used in the Photo Cafe)
- not be a cut down version of a larger picture (we photograph and cut your passport photo specifically to this size for you)
What quality do the passport photos need to be?
What your photos must show
- be a close-up of your full head and upper shoulders
- contain no other objects or people
- be in clear contrast to the background
- be facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- have a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- have your eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- not have hair in front of your eyes
- not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
- not have anything covering your face
- not have any ‘red eye’
- not have any shadows on your face or behind you